So I have been training myself to write different letters, words, drawings and thoughts with both hands simultaneously and I am making a fair amount of progress.
I made this page to record how I am learning this skill before I forget how I learned it.
- Start by drawing a circle with one hand and square with the other.
- Think of the motions of the two hands as one motion.
- Experiment with different pressure at different parts of the stroke.
- Improve fine motor skills in left hand by writing without having the hand touch the paper. Also, practice writing on vertical surfaces.
- Characters with subtle differences are good practice. Try drawing an S with one hand and a 5 with the other.
- Think about formatting/alignment too.
- Move your arms when you write! Both of them.
- Learn to anticipate potential pencil slips so you know where to adjust.
- Don’t press to hard.
- Don’t hesitate to focus.
Right now I am working on applying this with more abstract thoughts:
I am starting with characters as the units to write simulateously, then graduate to words, sentences…
When I try to hold two different thoughts in my mind at the same time the two thoughts become one thought. I want to continue practicing this to see where it takes me.